10 August 2012

the owl dress

I like making dresses.  Ok I like making dresses when I don't wreck them and have to spend hours redoing them.  Not a grand seamstress here.  This is Butterick 5209, which is one of my favorites.  I love this dress even though I needed to shorten the waist by about a half inch but oh well.  Most people can't tell.  Or they tell me they can't.  One or the other.  Many thanks to Butterick for reissuing the fabu dress patterns.

Anyway, on to the dress



One of the best things?  Going swing dancing and knowing that no one else will be wearing my dress.  But then in moments of freakishness, insolence toward stuffy "fashion" in a 3rd world country, or just plain bad taste, I'll wear them to work.  Lots of funny looks but oh well.   Ladies old enough to have good taste are appreciative.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. haha I wish. not many of those around here, sadly. I love stuff like that. I don't even get to go swing dancing as often as I'd like

      Delete