10 August 2012

the snow leopard dress

Dress two, at least as far as this blog is concerned. You will soon find out that I live in a boring place with nothing going on. So what else do you do in a 3rd world country when there are no cows to tip?  Haha ok that's really not my thing.  Sadly, there aren't many places to wear nice dresses here.

I made this out of cheap flannel, of all things.  I don't wear it often as we know how well flannel survives abuse (it doesn't).  So here we have Butterick 5556


Before anyone can say it, yes I know women did not wear spats in the 1950s.  This picture was taken at an aviation convention with several WASPs in attendance and they got a kick out of the whole outfit, spats and all.  So the ladies have spoken.  One of them even did a petticoat check on me to make sure I was at least that authentic.  And I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment